As signatories to the Climate Leaders Coalition, we are acting on climate change now, to create a future that is low-emissions, positive for our businesses and the economy, and inclusive for all New Zealanders.
We are committed to the Paris Agreement target to keep warming below 2 degrees and to further pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 degrees.
By being a signatory to the Coalition, our organisations are actively:
- Measuring our greenhouse gas footprint, having the data independently verified by a third party and making the information publicly available;
- Adopting targets grounded in science that will deliver substantial emissions reductions so our organisations contribute to New Zealand being carbon neutral by 2050. These targets will be considered in current planning cycles;
- Assessing our climate change risks and publicly disclosing them;
- Proactively supporting our people to reduce their emissions, and
- Proactively supporting our suppliers to reduce their emissions.