By joining the Coalition, each of the businesses have committed to voluntarily measuring their greenhouse gas emissions and publicly reporting on them; setting a public emissions reduction target consistent with keeping within 2°C of warming; and working with suppliers to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
The businesses that have joined the Coalition see reducing their emissions as an opportunity to reduce their impact on the environment, demonstrate their values, save money and win new clients and customers.
Climate action depends on the nature of the individual business but can include:
- Mapping your carbon footprint using one of the available tools to work out where you can make reductions
- Converting company cars to electric vehicles
- Reducing air travel by using video conferencing, embracing flexible working arrangements and offsetting unavoidable air travel
- Tackling the transportation of goods by improving the utilisation of shipping containers and trucks, using hybrid or electric delivery vehicles, and rail where possible
- Diverting waste from landfill into recycling and composting
- Tackling the supply chain by partnering with like-minded businesses
- Switching lighting to LEDs and utilising natural light
- Reducing power consumption at your premises
- Collaborating with other businesses to find low-carbon solutions.
Specific examples of what each business is doing can be found on the who and news pages.
We also have:
- resources to help businesses achieve their climate commitments
- case studies to help businesses make faster progress on their commitments from learning from other Coalition signatories
- an events calendar to provide businesses with opportunities to learn, find solutions and hear how others are tackling climate change.